Festive season is the most cheerful season in India and festivities not only mark the coming together of families and friends, but also a lot of good food, gifts and décor. Get ready to infuse your home with festive charm! As the holiday season approaches, it’s the perfect time to transform your living space into a cheerful haven.
Aayush Chaudhary, Principal Architect, ACad Studio understands the importance of creating a festive ambience in your home during Indian festivals.
Chaudhary has curated tips and examples to help you revamp your space and give it that perfect festive touch:
- Choose a color schemeAdding vibrant colors to your decor can give it that festive touch. For example, use bright yellows, oranges, and reds for Diwali, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Light up your spaceLighting creates an ambience for the festive season. Add diyas, string lights, or lanterns to your decor to create a festive and cozy environment. You can use colorful fairy lights and traditional diyas for Diwali.
- Incorporate traditional accentsCreate an instant festive touch by incorporating traditional accents like torans, rangolis, or garlands. You can hang a colorful toran on your front door or create a beautiful rangoli at the entrance of your home for Diwali.
- Experiment with texturesDifferent textures like silk, cotton, or jute can create a unique and inviting space. For example, use colorful silk cushions for Navratri or a beautiful jute rug for Pongal.
- Get creative with your table settingsThe festive season is about spending time with loved ones over a meal. Elevate your dining experience by getting creative with your table settings, adding festive tablecloths, placemats, or centerpieces to your dining table. You can use a traditional tablecloth for Onam or a colorful rangoli-inspired table runner for Diwali.
- Remember the scentsAdding festive scents like sandalwood, jasmine, or rose can instantly uplift your mood and make your space more festive. You can use scented candles or potpourri to create a soothing and fragrant environment during festivals like Dussehra, Diwali, Baisakhi etc.
With a little makeover, you can give a new look to your space and create an ambience that will leave lasting memories with your friends and family.