Urban Decay Universal Liquid HighlighterUrban Decay Universal Liquid Highlighter ($32.00 for 1.35 oz.) is a soft, peachy beige with barely-there pearl that gave it more of a glass-like sheen on skin. It’s supposed to be a universal shade, and it was rather translucent in practice as it stretched and blended out very readily, though I couldn’t say whether it would look lighter or have an ashy cast on deep skin.
The texture was more gel-like, as it had some substance and density to it, but it was still very liquid when squeezed out of the tube. It dried down for the most part but had a subtle sheen that was left behind without having visible shimmer. It can be applied all over or to highlight specific areas, and given the sheerness, it seemed to lend itself for mixing in with foundation or applying as a primer all-over for a glowier finish.
It lasted for eight hours as a cheek highlighter and didn’t seem to impact the longevity of foundation when mixed in or worn underneath.
- Auric Morganite (P, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Auric Selenite (P, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Fair (2.5) (P, $44.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Becca Orbit (2) (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Light (01) (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Fair (1) (P, $44.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Becca Luminary (1) (P, $30.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Auric Pyrite (P, $45.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (80% similar).
- Glossier Play Pale Pearl (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyglyceryl-6 Distearate, Tin Oxide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sodium Citrate, Alumina, Adenosine, Jojoba Esters, Boron Nitride, Disodium Edta, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Laureth-7, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyacrylamide, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Polysilicone-11, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ci 77491/Iron Oxides, Ci 77492/Iron Oxides, Ci 77499/Iron Oxides, Mica.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!