An Australian mother and daughter duo have lost an incredible 51 kilos in nine months following a simple meal plan that doesn’t restrict sweet treats and carbs.
Jessica Lewis and her mother Sandra Archer decided to take on the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge together in a bid to undo some of the damage they had done to their bodies being ‘chocoholics with an extra sweet tooth’.
‘My mum and I have been transforming our bodies and lifestyles. She is my accountability buddy and whilst we started this journey for different reasons, we have supported each other the entire time,’ Jessica said.
‘We have embraced the Healthy Mummy journey and never felt deprived of our favourites. We have had a Healthy Mummy Smoothie every day and stuck to our meals plans really consistently.
‘Having each other to rely on and support and celebrate with when the scales move and don’t move has made a world of difference. We also get to enjoy all the benefits together like extra energy and just feeling down right amazing.’
Jessica Lewis and her mother Sandra Archer decided to take on the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge together in a bid to undo some of the damage they had done to their bodies being ‘chocoholics with an extra sweet tooth’
JESSICA’S WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY
Jessica Lewis is a mother-of-three children aged seven, five and one and lives on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
She has been able to lose 27.6 kilos, 150 centimetres and two dress sizes by following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
‘I joined Healthy Mummy at three months postpartum. I achieved my goal weight at eight months but have kept going and have been able to lose weight whilst breastfeeding for the first time ever,’ she said.
Jessica admits that while she was keen to shift extra weight following her third baby, there were other reasons for a lifestyle overhaul.
Jessica Lewis is a mother-of-three children aged seven, five and one and lives on the Gold Coast, Queensland
‘I joined for my mental health, to find myself again and regain control and I have done that in spades,’ she said
‘I joined for my mental health, to find myself again and regain control and I have done that in spades,’ she said.
‘My physical health is a huge benefit because I feel amazing and have so much more energy than I’ve ever had before but for me regaining myself and being happy is what it’s all about.’
‘I am being a role model to my kids… they are learning healthy eating behaviours and hopefully will have a healthy relationship with food.’
On a typical day Jessica with have a Healthy Mummy Smoothie, a pear, one mocha coffee, two Healthy Mummy snacks, for example a chocolate brownie cookie, Hidden Veggie Sausage Rolls and a Healthy Mummy dinner recipe.
‘I am obsessed with the smoothies. A smoothie a day keeps the doctor away. I also love the peanut butter powder, super greens and collagen. I also use the skincare range, I’ve almost tried all of them and love them,’ she said.
Jessica’s top three tips for success:
1. Don’t give up. Know your why, remind yourself along the way and reward yourself too. Its not a fad diet, but a lifestyle change. Have an accountability buddy who will help you when you are struggling, my mum is mine and I also chat with some other Healthy Mummy’s.
2. Involve the family. Find a way that works for your family and customise the program to work for you. My kids pick our meals each week other than one new meal that I pick, it gets them involved and they then eat the meal! They also choose if the yes meal will go into our recipe book.
3. Meal prep what works for you. For me I cut all my veggies for the week, do online grocery shopping and I bake snacks way in advance and freeze them, I bulk purchase my meats and I cook for an extra serving so I can have leftovers for either lunch or a freezer stash.
SANDRA’S WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY
Sandra Archer is 62 and also lives on the Gold Coast. Along with Jessica, she has two other grown up children and 11 grandchildren.
For Sandra there were a few defining moments that made her realise it was time to lose weight.
She was struggling to breathe doing everyday tasks and felt like she was unable to be the grandmother she wanted to be.
‘I was uncomfortable and struggled to do things like do my shoe lace up, that to me had to be enough. Especially as I live with my young grandchildren and I had no energy to play with them,’ she said.
Sandra Archer is 62 and also lives on the Gold Coast. Along with Jessica, she has two other grown up children and 11 grandchildren
Sandra has been able to lose just shy of 24 kilos in eight-and-a-half months
Sandra has been able to lose just shy of 24 kilos in eight-and-a-half months.
‘I am feeling great within myself. I never thought I could do this. This is the longest I’ve ever been able to stick to something, and the best part is, it’s easy,’ she said.
‘I don’t feel like I’m on a diet, I’ve just made changes to how I live now. I feel a lot happier these days. I’m not depressed anymore about life.’
What is Healthy Mummy?
The aim of The Healthy Mummy has always been to empower mums to live a healthier life and it started off with just a few hundred mums using the programs on Facebook to more than 825,000 mums being part of The Healthy Mummy Community and transforming their health, life and body on the plans.
The two biggest products are the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and the Healthy Mummy Smoothies.
There are also over 52 books, supplements, singlets, active range, snack bars and lots more which cover Healthy Kids products and Healthy Pregnancy products. There are also 130 Healthy Mummy Consultants who are working mums themselves.
Free healthy recipes can be found here
Healthy pizza recipes are popular among those who follow the Healthy Mummy program
Pasta is also encouraged but is often loaded up with vegetables and low fat cheese
Just like Jessica, Sandra has embraced the Healthy Mummy Smoothies as part of her daily routine.
‘I have a Healthy Mummy Smoothie everyday and have done since I started,’ she said.
She will also eat granola with probiotic yoghurt for breakfast followed by a coffee, her smoothie, a snack like the Biscoff cheesecake on the app and a recipe from the app for dinner.
For more information about the Healthy Mummy, please click here.
Sandra’s top three tips for success:
1. Don’t give up because you can do anything you put your mind to. Your age and weight doesn’t stop you achieving anything.
2. Find someone to do it with. I do this with my daughter and she cooks a lot for me, we have always bounced off each other and helped keep each other motivated and on track, it’s really helped. We even made a goal to lose 50kgs together and we’ve done it.
3. Just start moving. It took me two months before I started walking but now that I move my body every day, I feel great and have more energy. Start small, it doesn’t need to be huge, just get moving.
Source: | This article originally belongs to Dailymail.co.uk