For the past several months, Healthcare IT News Features Editor Bill Siwicki has been writing a series on lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic for hospitals throughout the U.S. For this installment of HIMSSCast, Bill and host Jonah Comstock are joined by Paul Coyne, NP, clinical practice and chief nursing informatics officer at the Hospital for Special Surgery, and Joe Fisne, associate chief information officer at Geisinger Health System, to discuss some of the biggest learnings to come out of the series.
- How COVID taught us how fast we can innovate.
- The importance of video conferencing, internally as well as externally.
- Physician collaboration and rapid prototyping.
- How COVID-19 aligned priorities within hospitals.
- An unexpected lesson: Hospital HR systems need improvement.
- Comfortable versus uncomfortable innovation.
- The future of telehealth utilization.
More about this episode
Health IT Lessons Learned During the COVID-19 Era (Bill’s series)
Burnout in the Age of COVID-19 (Bill’s previous series)