“Or, you may fear upsetting someone by sharing observations about changes in his or her abilities or behaviour.
“However, these are significant health concerns that should be evaluated by a doctor, and it’s important to take action to figure out what’s going on.”
The other nine warning signs of Alzheimer’s are:
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks
- Confusion with time or place
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgement
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood and personality.