Stress, lack of sleep, hormonal changes, wrong dietary habits, extended screen time can all cause puffiness, dark circles, and eye bags that can make one look tired and exhausted. More than expensive eye creams and serums, home remedies with natural ingredients work better to treat these skincare woes. Though many people use baking soda to lighten under-eye circles, we do not advocate using a highly alkaline ingredient such as baking soda that can disrupt the acid barrier of skin and cause dryness and irritation. Apart from getting adequate sleep and switching to healthy diets such as on Rati Beauty app, you can try these remedies to get rid of puffy eyes, dark circles, and eye bags.
1. Almond and Vitamin E Oil Massage: The best thing about this almond and vitamin E oil potion is that you can use it as an overnight mask. Sweet almond oil helps to lighten dark circles and its anti-inflammatory properties soothe puffiness. Almond oil also has vitamin E and vitamin K that repair and fade dark circles. When you combine vitamin E oil, this mask becomes a potent under-eye treatment. During application, do lightly massage the oil with the ring finger.
2. Castor Oil and Milk: Here’s another effective remedy for under-eye circles – mix 1 tbsp of castor oil and 1 tbsp of raw milk each. The lactic acid in the milk lightens under-eye circles when combined with castor oil also boosts collagen production. Keep this mask for 20 minutes and rinse away with normal water.
3. Cold compresses: Using chilled cotton balls (dipped in rose water or plain water) can help tighten and constrict the blood vessels under the eyes, reducing the appearance of dark circles, baggy eyes, and puffiness.
4. Homemade Cucumber and Aloe Vera Eye Mask: Cucumber and aloe vera make a great combination to soothe and refresh tired, puffy eyes. Here’s a detailed post on how to prepare these eye masks. Keep them on the eyes, relax, and wash off with cold water after 15 minutes.
5. Chilled Green Tea Bags: Don’t throw away used green tea bags. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and helpful in reducing dark circles and puffiness. To combat the puffiness, the best method of using green tea is to freeze the used green tea bags overnight and place them on the under eye bags for 10 minutes. The cooling effect will depuff and freshen up the eye area.
6. Chilled Spoons to Depuff Eyes: Keep two stainless steel spoons in the freezer for two hours and place these spoons under the eye area to reduce puffiness to promote lymphatic drainage and tighten the blood vessels under the eyes. This spoon massage will instantly reduce puffy eyes.
7. Home Remedy with Potato Juice: Freshly squeezed potato juice acts as a natural bleaching ingredient that also removes puffiness when used chilled. Grate a medium-sized potato and extract its juice. You can also mix cucumber juice to this. Keep in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Now dip a cotton ball into this juice and place it over the eyes and relax. Rinse after 15 minutes with plain cold water. Do this twice or thrice a week to see effective results.
If you have dark circles and puffy eyes, do try these remedies and tell us how they worked for you